Re: [opensuse-factory] A look on RPM compression in openSUSE

On 08/10/2018 14:51, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
* Some of our packages are too fat. kicad-packages takes longer to compress
than the entire remaining distro at zstd-19 with 16x-parallelism.
In other words, a sufficiently parallelized system
may have to wait just for that one to complete.

Interesting, apart from the main kicad package which is a binary/python mix the other packages are all noarch text of which kicad-packages3D is enormous in size. My assumption from this would be the need for a different compressor for noarch packages.

Regards
Dave P