Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal to remove pyc/pyo from Python on TW
  • From: Joachim Wagner <jwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 15:39:51 +0100
I think that the first practical problem that I want to solve is not make
JeOS or MicroOS so big only for requiring some Python code in it.

Thanks. Googling these names, they seem to be Linux distributions. If these
are distributed as read-to-run images, my answer would be to simply delete the
unwanted files before shipping, e.g. in the dockerfile. If, however, these
distributions are installed from packages the ongoing discussion about tagging
the files in the rpm is probably the right track.