Re: [opensuse-factory] missing utility: fbset
On Tue, 2018-10-02 at 11:31 +0200, Michal Kubecek wrote:
On Tuesday, 2 October 2018 11:25 Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
A generally good indication for a question in an email is a question
mark (?). Since your original mail contained none, and also no phrase
other than pure information you gathered

You are the third person in this thread claiming this - and yet it's not
true. There is a direct question: "Can it be brought back?"

Hi Michal,

I re-read <and reread the mail again.. and yes, you are right!
Apologies for that.

Having the question in the midst of what seems to be the RPM changelog
made it appear well hidden though:

# rpm -q --changelog fbset | head -n##
* Thu Feb 16 2012 rschweikert@xxxxxxxx
- place binaries in /usr tree (UsrMerge project)

* Fri Sep 30 2011 uli@xxxxxxxx
- cross-build fix: use %__cc, %configure macros

Can it be brought back? Fedora and Debian still have it. From their
changelogs:

* Fri Feb 23 2018 Florian Weimer <fweimer@...> - 2.1-45
- Use LDFLAGS from redhat-rpm-config (via %set_build_flags)
- Remove "rm -rf ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}"
- Remove "%defattr(-,root,root)"
- Add gcc build requirement

so, yes, there is first part of the rpm changelog, then a question and
parts of a different changelog. My fault for not paying more attention
in this case.

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >