Re: [opensuse-factory] RMT dependencies

On 29/08/2018 07:41, hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
With schily being modified in Factory it appears that it collides with
star-rmt,
tar-rmt and cpio-mt showing this message:

Problem: schily-mt-2018.05.25-4.1.x86_64 conflicts with cpio-mt provided
by cpio-mt-2.12-4.14.x86_64
Solution 1: deinstallation of cpio-mt-2.12-4.14.x86_64
Solution 2: deinstallation of star-rmt-1.5.3-7.3.x86_64
Solution 3: deinstallation of tar-rmt-1.30-1.2.x86_64
Solution 4: keep obsolete star-rmt-1.5.3-7.3.x86_64

Out of curiosity, why do we have remote magnetic tape software installed by
default with those tools at all? They are reccomends, I get that, but
recommends
get installed during standard dup, which makes it annoying, especially
when all
of that collides with other package. I feel like magnetic tapes are used
for
very specific usecases nowadays (data centers, mainframes) and we don't
really
need all of that, especially on desktops.
LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world

A quick search of the patterns indicates we are not installing those
packages from there so I guess the question then becomes what packages
are pulling those in as dependencies, or it could just be that your
machine was setup before we made major changes to the patterns and
something else used to pull them in.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30