[opensuse-factory] virt-manager: Unable to connect to libvirt qemu:///system (was: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180815 released!)
HI!

After update to snapshot 20180815 I cannot connect to local libvirtd
with virt-manager anymore (see traceback attached below). It does not
ask for root password like it did before. /usr/lib/polkit-1/polkitd
seems to be running. Hmm, I'm not sure whether this was still working
with the recent snapshots before.

Machine was rebooted after zypper dup and connecting to a remote
libvirtd via SSH works just fine.

There are some more strange things with some VMs but I have to
investigate this a bit further.

As the same normal user this works:

$ virsh -c qemu:///system list
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.libvirt.unix.manage ====
System policy prevents management of local virtualized systems
Authenticating as: root
Password:
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====
Id Name State
[..VM listed here..]

Ciao, Michael.

------------------------ traceback virt-manager ------------------------
Unable to connect to libvirt qemu:///system.

authentication unavailable: no polkit agent available to authenticate
action 'org.libvirt.unix.manage'

Libvirt URI is: qemu:///system

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1036,
in _do_open
self._backend.open(self._do_creds_password)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/connection.py", line 144, in open
open_flags)
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 104, in
openAuth
if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: authentication unavailable: no polkit agent
available to authenticate action 'org.libvirt.unix.manage'

< Previous Next >