[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/31
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Week 31 was very slow when looking at the number of snapshots
delivered. Last Friday, there was an update of openQA deployed, which
contained quite a bit of rework under the hood. Despite quite a bit of
testing upfront, there were some corner cases that made snapshots turn
red. So rather than releasing untested snapshots, we spent the time to
get the openQA code fixed again, adjusted tests where needed, so that
in the end at least we can, with confidence, say again we trust the
test results. That’s why only 0731 has been released during this week.

That snapshot brought you, amongst others, these updates:

* GStreamer 1.14.2
* fwupd 1.1.0
* Linux kernel 4.17.11
* LLVM 6.0.1

Staging projects were also slowed down during this week due to openQA.
So a good bunch of what was in the makes last week is still there:

* KDE Plasma 5.13.4
* Linux kernel 4.17.12
* RPM packaging changes: the SUSE specific configuration is being
moved to a separate package, theoretically making maintenance of the
rpm package easier.
* binutils 2.31: breaks grub2 and qemu
* ncurses 6.1-20180707: breaks Xen (deprecations added, Xen builds
with -Werror)
* Usage of the new System Role selection instead of the legacy
‘desktop selection’
* Python 3.7
* KDE Applications 18.08.0 (release candidate currently in testing,
will be delivered when final)

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages