Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: Let's move to a more modern platform

Em 31 de jul de 2018, à(s) 15:54, David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

And where's the problem with that? I have the suse-linux-en/opensuse
list archived since about 1999. Taking a whopping ~200 MiB gzipped
(and I've not even pruned attachements). All perfectly searchable for
whatnot criteria with e.g. mutt. Or indexable if I'd wanted to.

And opensuse-factory takes (uncompressed and un"archived") since 2009
a staggering 423 MiB... That's a size I just start to begin to think
about archiving (and compressing) some years "out of that folder"...

If the MLs are not good enough for you as they are, how about just
getting a decent Mail-Client or just use forums.opensuse.org.

Oh, and have you tried your proposal for the lkml too, yet? No? Why?

Simple: Most so called "modern" platforms suck planetary-sized
dungheaps through buckytubes. By the metric buttload.

Have you not ever wondered why lkml and suchlike "still" use MLs?

How to you filter a forum or whatnot? How do you read and search and
whatnot one _offline_? With any device?

If you can't handle (filter/sort) your mail, that's your problem. Get
a real MUA and stop whining.

I am just amazed how friendly this community turned out to be to discuss a
simple **PROPOSAL**. This reminds me the old days of another distro I used to
help that starts with G. Too bad...
< Previous Next >
List Navigation
Follow Ups