Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: Let's move to a more modern platform
Am 31.07.2018 um 19:42 schrieb Ronan Chagas:
It is very difficult to search for a message (if you did not archive
everything, then you must rely on the on-line database), if you delete a
message, reply to that thread is not very straightforward, etc.

[…]

discourse (http://discourse.julialang.org). It turn out that it is very good.
In my opinion, much better than mailing lists using e-mails.

So you're proposing an online database as replacement for some online
database? ;-)

More seriously: I just don't get what's wrong with mailing lists. Every
time I tried Discourse I got lost with it's overloaded and bloated UI.
Too many buttons, smilies, BB code and stuff. Maybe I'm getting too old
for such things...

That said, if there's real demand for some web-based clicky interface
I'd like to point out Hyperkitty from Fedora:
http://hyperkitty.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/

Regards,
vinz.