[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the weeks 2018/29 & 30
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Again I’m spanning two weeks, mostly because last most of the snapshots
were canceled by openQA (some due to real issues found, some because
OBS was too fast and testing did not complete before the next snapshot
was ready). So, I just group two weeks together, which gives a total of
8 snapshots: 0712, 0714, 0719, 0720, 0721, 0722, 0723 and 0726).

The snapshots included those changes:

File 5.33 – beware: some scripts might misbehave if they use file
to check if a binary is PIE enabled and the script queries for ‘PIE
shared object’. Since file 5.33, executables are reported differently
to libraries
Mutter gained pipewire support
KDE Plasma 5.13.3
KDE Applications 18.04.3
KDE Frameworks 5.48.0
Linux kernel 4.17.5, 4.17.6, 4.17.7 & 4.17.9
LibreOffice 6.1.0 final
Mesa 18.1.4
PulseAudio 12.2
X.Org 1.20.0
SDDM 0.18.0: note: please ensure to grab the version in the Update
channel until snapshot >= 0727 is out. Otherwise, you might experience
issues on logout/login
Poppler 0.66
GCC 8.2RC1

The staging projects are currently busy with these prepared changes:

A new Linux kernel (of course): 4.17.10
RPM packaging changes: the SUSE specific configuration is being
moved to a separate package, theoretically making maintenance of the
rpm package easier.
binutils 2.31: breaks grub2 and qemu
6.1-20180707: breaks Xen (deprecations added, Xen builds with
-Werror)
Usage of the new System Role selection instead of the legacy
‘desktop selection’
Python 3.7

Some of those things might take a moment until they reach Tumbleweed
(e.g. python 3.7).

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages