Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Panic (4.17.6)
On 07/22/2018, 08:39 PM, Michael Emory Cerquoni wrote:
I just upgraded my Dell Inspiron 5566 to latest tumbleweed using
"zypper dup" and now as soon as I get past grub i get an immediate
kernel panic, I tried updating the machine bios to see if that helped
but still same results. Anyone have any ideas what is going wrong
here? sorry for the screenshot only way i could easily capture the
error at the moment.

http://nebadon2025.com/tumbleweed/dell_inspiron_5566_tumbleweed_crash_01.jpg

You are encountering a couple of HW errors, as far as I can see. Is this
reproducible? I.e. is it constantly failing with the new kernel and
constantly OK with the older one? In that case, that would be a kernel bug.

thanks,
--
js
suse labs