Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Plasma Desktop freezes frequently.
On 10 July 2018 at 19:56, Manvendra Bhangui <mbhangui@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just days back I migrated to Tumbleweed from Leap 42.2. I have been
have this frequent issue when the GUI becomes unresponsive. All I can
do is to move the mouse pointer. However I can login to the host using
ssh and reboot the system and that's how I get my pc running.

Hi, are you able to switch to a tty using the keyboard shortcuts (e.g.
Ctrl + Alt + F1)?

If so, login using same user and try running the following command:

DISPLAY=:0 XAUTHORITY=".local/share/sddm/.Xauthority" kwin_x11 --replace

After running the command, switch back to the graphical session. It
may switch back to the tty once, if so please switch again.

If this works it would likely narrow down somewhat where the problem is.

--
- Karl Cheng (Qantas94Heavy)