Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed (Kubic) Installation on MD Raid
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 16:36:38 +0200
On 6 July 2018 at 18:12, Marcel <wittemar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the info :) So I can leave it away and it will work with a
single root partition? Will grub be able to boot from btrfs? Will a
RAID 1 work in this case?

An option you might have would be to use btrfs RAID1

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/UseCases#How_do_I_create_a_RAID1_mirror_in_Btrfs.3F
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Using_Btrfs_with_Multiple_Devices

Admittedly I haven't done this on a Kubic machine, but I did it
retroactively on the server currently hosting my blog
(https://rootco.de) because the hosting provider didn't let me
customise the partitions during the install