Re: [opensuse-factory] no room to install kernel-firmware, so zypper deletes rpm from cache...
On Tue 03-07-18 02:01:07, Felix Miata wrote:
...rather than leaving it there so that it can be moved to a location with
more
freespace, or freespace can be expanded, which is a considerable waste of
bandwidth. Space shortage is 25MB, while package size is 70MB (280MB
unpacked).

Is delete on ignore (but not abort) intended behavior? Should it be subject
to a
preference setting in zypp.conf? I don't see anything applicable in the
current
TW zypp.conf.

My understanding of the ignore option is to disregard the RPM installation
failure and continue as if the package installed successfully. The next step
after successful package installation is, of course, deletion of the cached RPM
file.

From this angle zypper behavior looks logical. Yet, retaining the downloaded
package would be a welcome enhancement, I'd say.

Libor
--
Libor Pechacek
SUSE Labs