Re: [opensuse-factory] Opening private bugs

On 30/06/18 19:55, Oliver Kurz wrote:
On Friday, 29 June 2018 20:01:30 CEST Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 28.05.2018 um 16:46 schrieb Simon Lees:
In order to make this process slightly easier and more formal during las
weeks board discussion the board decided to the mailing list
opensuse-bugshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx where community members can send an email
then a volunteer SUSE employee can read the bug report then either open
it or provide a summary.

So far, i requested much more than 20 bugs to be opened.
None of them has been opened.
I received short summaries for 9 bugs, but that's not the primary wish
(a least not mine). I would really like to see the technical details.

So for now this initiative has failed big time for me.

Well, even though *I* can access the bug details with my SUSE account I
simply
technically *can not* make the bug public. I assume it's the same situation
for Simon.

Yes something has changed in bugzilla so there are many places that we
no longer have permission to make something public like we used to, I
will raise this with Richard to raise with SUSE in the next openSUSE
board meeting. In the mean time you will have to live with summaries,
although in most cases with the issues you raise there was not much
discussion in the bug reports and when there was it involved customers
and would have remained private.

The idea of this service wasn't for users to send in a list of multiple
bug numbers everytime they get a new maintenance update, it was to help
the people doing openSUSE development that need some missing info that's
in a closed bug, although we will try and get to requests like that as
we can anyway. But this service won't scale to that if multiple users
start requesting multiple bugs. As I said in my previous email SUSE is
aware this is an issue and is working to make this better in the medium
to long term as they undergo various tooling changes that they have
planned anyway. But until then what you have is the best we can do.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30

  • No further messages