[opensuse-factory] TW 20180627: Many games stoped working
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 22:16:20 +0100

Hi list,

Since the update to mentioned TW version 20180627 several games stopped
working for me. Common seems to be the message(s)

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 152 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
Minor opcode of failed request: 10 (XF86VidModeSwitchToMode)
Value in failed request: 0x193
Serial number of failed request: 46

I'm not really sure what to make of this message - anyone with more insight?
I must have to do with fullscreen modes. E.g., atari800 runs windowed, but
when I switch to fullscreen I only get a black screen + cursor and have to
switch to a VT to kill the process. Same symptoms with some other games that
directly want to start fullscreen.

Anyone seen similar problems?