Re: [opensuse-factory] Killing Group tag in .spec files
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 07:34:45 +0200
On Tuesday, 29 May 2018 15:20 Tomas Chvatal wrote:
No worries. The plan is to kill it retrospectively. It is useless even
on SLE12/15. If it disappears nobody would really notice.

I would. SLE11 SP4 build fails without the Group tag. I know some people
who only look forward consider it "ancient" but it's a product which is
still under regular support and in wide use. Could we please stop
introducing more and more unnecessary build breakages at least for the
10 months until it goes LTSS?

While I agree that it's a nuisance to still have Group, BuildRoot or
%defattr in specfiles, it's much worse to have to work around more and
more build breakages added _only_ in the name of cleanup.

Michal Kubecek

"All his life he looked away to the future, the horizon. Never his mind
on where he was. What he was doing."