Re: [opensuse-factory] Killing Group tag in .spec files
Robert Schweikert píše v Út 29. 05. 2018 v 09:03 -0400:
On 05/29/2018 07:52 AM, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar píše v Út 29. 05. 2018 v 13:18
+0200:

Just curious: did you run this through the SLE fate process
already?
There the group is even strictly enforced. Dropping this
requirement
on
the openSUSE side will cause our downstream to suffer from it,
unless
they give up on the requirement too.

I so far only spoke with Yast-ers and they would be fine with it
from
Technical PoV.

So if you know someone with a stake in this could you poke them to
read
this thread? From my side we could drop it even on SLE without
pushback
.

Packages without a Group: definition build in IBS, but they generate
warning for SLE 15 builds, interestingly enough no warning for SLE 12
SP3 is generated. Thus this exercise would in effect train people to
ignore warnings, something I am not very fond of.

I'd say the issue of SLE builds in IBS not triggering warnings when
no
Group is specified should be addressed first.

Also, keep in mind that not every package in SLE is a fork. There are
many packages that are duplicates/copies. That implies that any
changes
in YaST would need to be carried back into SLE. Otherwise a lot of
work
is generated for other people as they have to start maintaining forks
rather than duplicates/copies. Unless Group: becomes optional, i.e.
spec-cleaner does NOT remove it, and teams maintaining packages that
are
duplicates/copies in both OBS and IBS can drop Group: when it works
for
them, which without changes in YaST could be 10 years from now.

No worries. The plan is to kill it retrospectively. It is useless even
on SLE12/15. If it disappears nobody would really notice.

RH and others already killed it for rhel6 so we should be fine in that
respective PoV as well...

Basically even on SLE15 when I see it we just generate rpmlint warning,
which can be confusing, but we always say to people that only rpmlint
they should watch is Tumbleweed and fix/report errors only on old
codestreams thus that should be also okay.

The warning:
[ 9s] libusb-1_0-0.x86_64: W: non-standard-group Unspecified
[ 9s] libusb-1_0.src: W: non-standard-group Unspecified

The content of the rpm informations:
Name : libusb-1_0-0
Version : 1.0.21
Release : 0
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: (not installed)
Group : Unspecified
Size : 162392
License : LGPL-2.1-or-later
Signature : (none)
Source RPM : libusb-1_0-1.0.21-0.src.rpm
Build Date : Út 29. květen 2018, 15:19:25 CEST
Build Host : bugaboo
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Vendor : obs://build.opensuse.org/hardware

Cheers

Tom