Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
On 25/05/18 02:15 AM, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

But on the other side, if such projects use DES or bigcrypt encryption,
you should seriously consider to drop the usage of such software,
because today this are really no serious and secure algorithm anymore.
I also know several of such cases. I wouldn't add any of them today
to openSUSE.

From my DatabaseOfDotSigQuotes:

An NSA-employed acquaintance, when asked whether the government
can crack DES traffic, quipped that real systems are so insecure
that they never need to bother. Unfortunately, there are no easy
recipes for making a system secure, no substitute for careful
design and critical, ongoing scrutiny.
-- Matt Blaze in AC2

Reality is that the only justification for DES is that it is cheap and easy.
Given that criteria there are other cheap and easy algorithms that are a lot
stronger.

--
Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals.