Re: What about PyPI itself? [Was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages]
On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Michael Ströder <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike Henry wrote:
I'm not sure why package maintainers would package python packages
that are not involved in packages/applications.
In some restricted production environments you want to install 3rd-party
stuff from outside openSUSE without having to allow Internet access to
PyPI or setup your own internal devpi-server.

Ciao, Michael.

I hadn't considered that, I guess it depends on where a company wishes
to spend their efforts, but it seems easier to host a devpi-server
which would give you all the PyPI packages you need without investing
time into packaging. Nevertheless, I really hope my comment didn't
come across as ungrateful to the wonderful humans who work as package
maintainers!