[opensuse-factory] Leap 15.0: Scaling issues under X
Hi all,

I'm just giving Leap 15.0 a try.

I noticed that using KDE/plasma both fonts and GUI elements are scaled way too
big
for my current setup.

The workaround I've found is using KDE system settings
(/usr/bin/systemsettings5) and
scaling to 1.1 (the default 1.0 does not work):

- Anzeige + Monitor -> Anzeigen -> Anzeige skalieren -> 1.1

My current setup is a notebook (lid closed) with an external monitor. Monitor
has a
resolution of 1920x1200. Graphics adapater is an "nVidia GM107GLM [Quadro M1200
Mobile]".

I installed the NVIDIA drivers according to
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers (because otherwise I couldn't get
anything
displayed on my external screen).

The problem occurs for a newly created user, too (so I'm pretty sure it's not
some
messed up KDE user config or something).

When using the notebook w/o an external display the issue does not manifest.

It's somewhat annoying. Does anybody have any idea where it could configure/fix
this?

TIA -- Till
--
Dipl.-Inform. Till Dörges doerges@xxxxxxxxxxxx