[opensuse-factory] Leap 15.0 - Bluetooth - Failed to change profile to a2dp_sink
  • From: Linux Kamarada <linuxkamarada@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 23:16:52 -0300
Hi, everyone!

My laptop is an Acer Aspire E15 with a built-in Bluetooth 4.0 adapter,
namely Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth 4.0 (ID 04ca:3014).

I had to tweak Leap 42.3 for it work, here is a brief of what I did:

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/524410-Qualcomm-Atheros-Bluetooth-4-0-(04CA-3014)-is-not-detected?p=2841609#post2841609

Then I was using the kernel-default 4.13.6 and kernel-firmware from
the Kernel:stable OBS repo.

When I upgraded to Leap 15.0 Beta, I switched to the kernel-default
4.12.14 and kernel-firmware from the Leap 15.0 OSS repo.

Now, even though my Bluetooth adapter is working, I am not able to
pair with my headset (Philips SHB3060) using the A2DP profile.

I installed Blueman, which gives some more control and information
than GNOME's System Settings. Using Blueman, when I try to change my
headset to the A2DP profile I get this:

"Failed to change profile to a2dp_sink"

I tested downloading Leap 15.0 GNOME Live, flashing it into an USB
stick and booting from it. Bluetooth was not recognized at first, but
blacklisting the acer_wmi module (see my forum post for details) and
rebooting was enough. Then, Bluetooth worked normally (including
switching to the A2DP profile).

So, I believe it is a problem on my setup, not on Leap 15.0 itself,
i.e. a clean install would be half of the solution, the another half
blacklisting the acer_wmi module and rebooting.

Any ideas on what changed and how I can make the A2DP profile work again?

Thank you!

Antonio
The Linux Kamarada Project
http://kamarada.github.io/