[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the weeks 2018/19 & 20
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Last week I decided to skip the review. As many have realized, there
were no snapshots for more than a week, I explained the reason for this
here[0]. The first snapshot after 0502 has been 0511. Since then we’re
mostly back rolling and have released the snapshots 0511, 0513, 0515
and 0516, which, combined, included these updates:

* Firefox 60
* automake 1.16.1
* GNOME 3.28.2
* KDE Plasma 5.12.5
* Kernel 4.16.7 & 4.16.8
* Texlive 2018
* Mesa 18.0.3
* Gimp 2.10.0 (new workspace layout)
* KDE Applications 18.04.1

The stagings are filled with more goodness already again:

* KDE Frameworks 5.46.0
* Freetype 2.9.1 (note: freetype-config is deprecated, but our
package still provides it for now)
* Massive cleanup of Haskell packages (minimizing to what the
maintainers believe to be worthy to be maintained. About 1500 packages
are removed from Tumbleweed)
* ICU 61.1
* Linux kernel 4.16.9
* GStreamer 1.14
* FFMpeg4 – help needed on opencv and libqt5-qtwebengine, which seem
to be the two blocking candidates at the moment
* GCC 8 as distro default compiler: still some work to do, see this
list of currently known bugs[1].

As you hopefully know, next week will be the openSUSE conference in
Prague. I hope to meet many of you there.

Cheers,
Dominique

[0] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-05/msg00107.html
[1]