Re: [opensuse-factory] TW: su -; DISPLAY missing; .Xauthority 0 bytes
On Thu, 2018-05-17 at 17:10 -0600, Cameron Seader wrote:
Team,
Not sure which update this happened in, but in TW you no longer get the
DISPLAY variable set when issuing an su - command. Also the .Xauthority
files seems empty as well when you switch to the root user. I now have
to copy my .Xauthority file over from my standard user account and then
export my DISPLAY variable to run gfx tools as root user.
Thoughts as to why this has now changed.
Thanks,

I could say something stupid like: this is normal when you login on a
text console - and it'd be as accurate as any answer one could give.

You should at least describe your setup, like what DM, what DE... don't
expect we can guess all this info

(and I for one can't reproduce this on my machine)

Cheers
Dominique