Re: [opensuse-factory] What's up with python-pycrypto ? Gone from factory?
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 7:19 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 07:14 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 12:36 AM, Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 16/05/18 10:58, Greg Freemyer wrote:
All,

I have 2 packages I maintain that depend on python-pycrypto and now
won't install in factory.

Is this:

- a temporary glitch

- a lack of a maintainer

- a problem with the upstream package

Thanks
Greg

According to the following sr it has been replaced by
python-pycryptodome, this was done as part of the dlp cleanup I guess.

python-pycryptodome seems to have the appropriate provides/obsoletes
statements:

Provides: python-pycrypto = %{version}
Obsoletes: python-pycrypto < %{version}

But I can't install it as python-pycrypto.

Those are translated by python-singlespec to python2-pycrypto and
python3-pycrypto

zypper info --provides python2-pycryptodome

Provides : [4]
python-pycryptodome = 3.6.1-1.1
python2-pycrypto = 3.6.1
python2-pycryptodome = 3.6.1-1.1
python2-pycryptodome(x86-64) = 3.6.1-1.1

Cheers
Dominique

In my mind that's a bug.

If every package that requires python-pycrypto is going to have to be
edited why bother with the provides/obsoletes pair in the first place.

Let me know if I should adjust my 2 spec files or not.

Thanks
Greg