Re: [opensuse-factory] What's up with python-pycrypto ? Gone from factory?
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 12:36 AM, Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 16/05/18 10:58, Greg Freemyer wrote:
All,

I have 2 packages I maintain that depend on python-pycrypto and now
won't install in factory.

Is this:

- a temporary glitch

- a lack of a maintainer

- a problem with the upstream package

Thanks
Greg

According to the following sr it has been replaced by
python-pycryptodome, this was done as part of the dlp cleanup I guess.

python-pycryptodome seems to have the appropriate provides/obsoletes statements:

Provides: python-pycrypto = %{version}
Obsoletes: python-pycrypto < %{version}

But I can't install it as python-pycrypto.

On a fresh tumbleweed VM zypper in python-pycrypto gets

"Package python-pycrypto not found"

That SR should not have been accepted. Can we get it reverted for now?

Greg