Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 15: No support for NVIDIA Optimus setups ?
On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 4:05 PM, Hagen Buliwyf <hagen.buliwyf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not familiar with NVIDIA Optimus.

The UEFI in my Laptop does not allow to switch of the NVIDIA card. One
can only use the NVIDIA card (no Intel graphics) or something that is
called "MSHYBRID".

From quick search it appears to enable Optimus. Not sure whether it
makes iGPU primary one or not but it should be straightforward to
test.

The use of the NVIDIA card drains the battery within one hour. So i
looked for a way to use only the Intel graphics and found bumblebee.

I know nothing about

nvidia-xrun or Vulkan or SUSE-prime

I knew nothing about MSHYBRID 5 minutes ago.

Would one of those be the better choice if i only want to use the
Intel graphics?

No.