Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 15: No support for NVIDIA Optimus setups ?
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 16:03:33 +0300
середа, 2 травня 2018 р. 15:44:02 EEST Andrei Borzenkov написано:
Why would PRIME require removing bumblebee? The two are completely
independent of each other. Again - nvidia-xrun does NOTHING different
than PRIME does.

Maybe, I haven't look into prime, just noticed that every instruction I've
read begins with "remove Bumblebee, but leave bbswitch"

Huh? You must start nvidia-xrun from non-X11 session - and AS ROOT, so
you must logout and go into run level 3, unless you are always in run
level 3 which I doubt. If it does not mean "relogin", what does?

I've meant for most cases I'm happy with Bumblebee, optirun smth and it works,
so no relogin.
And nvidia-xrun doesn't require root, I start it from my user, it calls sudo
internally for module load/unload, but not for session.

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky