[opensuse-factory] missing group in Leap 15.0?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 20:02:28 +0200 (CEST)

Leap 15.0 under virtual box, just installed.

carlos@linux-phe7:~> journalctl
Hint: You are currently not seeing messages from other users and the system.
Users in the 'systemd-journal' group can see all messages. Pass -q to
turn off this notice.
No journal files were opened due to insufficient permissions.
carlos@linux-phe7:~>

This was expected, and I know the cure. But:

carlos@linux-phe7:~> grep systemd /etc/group
systemd-network:x:483:
systemd-timesync:x:482:
systemd-coredump:x:481:
systemd-journal:x:484: <===
carlos@linux-phe7:~>

However, YaST user and group configuration tool does not list "systemd-journal". I can send photo. I sucesfully added the group using vigr, and not "journalctl" runs as user.

:-?

- -- Cheers

Carlos E. R.