Re: [opensuse-factory] devel:languages:python diet reduction
Simon Lees píše v Pá 20. 04. 2018 v 11:12 +0930:
On Thursday, 19 April 2018 20:29:30 ACST, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
Hello all,

We will have to split a bit the d:l:py due to its monstrous size
(2700
packages) where we are unable to verify the stack actually kinda
works
before Tumbleweed integration.

We will split it based on common purpose and use d:l:py as base:

devel:languages:python:django
devel:languages:python:azure
devel:languages:python:aws

If you happen to have some packages or interest in python modules
and
think of some connection between couple of them please drop me an
email
for subproject creation and I will happily create it for you and
set it
up for TW integration.

As a bit additional tweak I would move all of the non-Tumbleweed
integrated stuff in to different project.
At this moment it is full of various linked packages and things
that
were only added to develprj without being submitted to Tumbleweed.
This prompted people to add this project on their released openSUSE
versions (leading to quite interestingly broken systems if they do
zypper dup with vendor change)...

The change will be done by creating special project d:l:py:misc
that
would have building enabled but publishing disabled.
This will hopefully motivate people to properly integrate the
packages
while not losing all the work that was done on them so far.

Cheers

Tom

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:python

Along with this change I think it would be worth updating the the
python
packaging guidelines to suggest that applications be they cli or
desktop
not also providing core libraries should go into the appropriate
devel
project whether its X11:common, networking etc. unless there is a
good
reason to keep them in d:l:p (for existing apps this maybe a slow
gradual change).

Feel free to update the wiki, basically core points are:
* use singlespec
* cli stuff should be python3 only unless really required
* If not needed to be for both py2 and py3 whole package should be py3
only

Cheers

Tom
< Previous Next >