[opensuse-factory] devel:languages:python diet reduction
Hello all,

We will have to split a bit the d:l:py due to its monstrous size (2700
packages) where we are unable to verify the stack actually kinda works
before Tumbleweed integration.

We will split it based on common purpose and use d:l:py as base:

devel:languages:python:django
devel:languages:python:azure
devel:languages:python:aws

If you happen to have some packages or interest in python modules and
think of some connection between couple of them please drop me an email
for subproject creation and I will happily create it for you and set it
up for TW integration.

As a bit additional tweak I would move all of the non-Tumbleweed
integrated stuff in to different project.
At this moment it is full of various linked packages and things that
were only added to develprj without being submitted to Tumbleweed.
This prompted people to add this project on their released openSUSE
versions (leading to quite interestingly broken systems if they do
zypper dup with vendor change)...

The change will be done by creating special project d:l:py:misc that
would have building enabled but publishing disabled.
This will hopefully motivate people to properly integrate the packages
while not losing all the work that was done on them so far.

Cheers

Tom

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:python
< Previous Next >