Re: [opensuse-factory] KDE Volume control resets volume on each pause
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 19:26:04 +0200
Am Freitag, 6. April 2018, 20:19:23 CEST schrieb Takashi Iwai:
On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 18:14:11 +0200,

Axel Braun wrote:
Am Freitag, 6. April 2018, 13:07:36 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
Am Mittwoch, 4. April 2018, 11:05:04 schrieb Dr. Axel Braun:
Might have something to do with flat-volumes. Do you have them
enabled?

(`grep flat-volume /etc/pulse/daemon.conf`) If so, try disabling
them:
docb@T520:~> grep flat-volume /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
; flat-volumes = yes

Set flat-volumes to no in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf. Restart pulseaudio
with `pulseaudio -k` or simply logging out and back in.

Indeed that fixed it.

Hm. "flat-volumes = no" should actually be the default since about 2
years.
It's normally set in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf.d/disable_flat_volumes.conf.
Are you missing that file maybe?

No, the file is there, and it contains 'no'.
Strange, I have definitely never touched this setting....

Check the output of "pacmd list-sink"

docb@T520:~> pacmd list-sink
Unknown command: list-sink

It should show "FLAT_VOLUME" or such if the flat volume is enabled.
Try with and without your own setup to see whether it gives any
difference or whether it's really due to flat volumes.

pacmd list | grep FLAT
gives no result, so I assume that the flat option is not set anymore

Thanks
Axel