[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/14
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Not sure how it is at yours, but here, spring has started and it’s a
pleasure to see so much sunshine. What else is nice to see? Six
Tumbleweed snapshots since my last review! The snapshots released
during the last week were 0330, 0331, 0401, 0402, 0403 and
0404 (became available just very recently)

Some interesting updates were part of those snapshots:

* Mesa 18.0.0 final (no actual code change over the last release
candidate)
* KDE Plasma 5.12.4
* LibreOffice 6.0.3.1
* Mono 5.8.1
* Kubic installation workflow changes
* GStreamer 1.12.5
* Samba 4.8.0
* LLVM 6.0
* Kernel config: support signed modules

And a lot more going on in the stagings. I’m sure you can help in some
of the areas:

* SQLite 3.23.0
* Automake 1.16: currently blocked by libtool failing to build; this
should be the last blocking package.
* CMake 3.11.0: blocked by libftdi1, which still fails to build
* Linux kernel 4.16.0
* rpmlint changes: polkit-untracked-privilege will be a hard failure
(original announcement from February[0])
* Java 9 will be removed from the distro (we still have 1.8, 10 and
11 tech preview)
* Ghostscript 9.23: breaks ImageMagick test suite
* poppler 0.63.0: breaks textlive

Cheers,
Dominique

[0] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-02/msg01044.html