Re: bsc# vs. boo# (Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 20180330: systemd-coredump)
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 09:54:51 +0100

Thanks for the explanation Maichal!

So the actual *number* is the same in all cases, and even if someone refers to
bsc#<nr> I can access it as boo#<nr>, yes?
Now that's a valuable lesson :)

Michal Kubecek wrote:
On Sunday, 1 April 2018 12:35 Peter Suetterlin wrote:
TBH, I did not try to read it - I thought bsc bugs are for SLE and not
public. Obviously wrong....

I wouldn't say "obviously" as it's hardly obvious. But bugzilla.suse.com
and bugzilla.opensuse.org are in fact only two frontends to one bugzilla
instance. They only differ in styling and some default settings. Whether
you can see a particular bug, that only depends on flags of the bug in
question, i.e. you can either see a bug in both or in neither.

In theory, one should use "boo#" for openSUSE bugs and "bsc#" for SLE
ones but it's often hard to distinguish and, to be honest, the "boo#"
looks a bit childish to me. Most people don't really think about it and
some are even still using "bnc#". So the short story is don't care about
the "bsc#" / "bnc#" / "boo#" part, only bug number is what counts.