Re: [opensuse-factory] repo change (was: Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/12 )
On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 15:33:34 +0100
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

I would like to give special attention to the next snapshot that is
going to be published. It’s called ‘20180320’, but was in the makings
much longer than is usual for our snapshots. This is due to the switch
of the ‘product builder’, the code responsible for creating the media
layout (note: the download repos are also ‘media’). A major change is
that the repos are no longer so-called ‘susetags repos’ (by zypper
identified as ‘YaST2 type’), but are all standard rpm-md repositories.
Zypper will transparently change the mode of the repo from yast2 to
rpm-md for you, so there is no action needed and a normal ‘zypper dup’
is supposed to work (and did in all our QA test runs).

I had the repo-oss pointing to
http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/
which worked up to snapshot 20180319, but when I wanted to update to
snapshot 20180320 zypper dup told me there is nothing to update.

After some playing around I found there exists also
http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
which offers the snapshot.

Probably my configuration was already very old, but maybe others
experience this too.

Regards,
Dieter