Re: [opensuse-factory] rpmlint 1.10 env-script-interpreter and build failures of perl scripts
  • From: Tomáš Čech <sleep_walker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 09:35:21 +0100
Hi Jan,

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 06:12:27PM +0100, Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
Hey,

I got some emails from OBS about Archiving:Backup/storeBackup build failures
in Factory and Tumbleweed. I think that the rpmlint 1.10 updated "caused"
them: https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-10/msg00217.html

I fixed the errors in home:jritzerfeld:branches:Archiving:Backup/storeBackup[0].
However, the example in the posting above is about python and not perl. Could
anyone have a quick look at my fix before I submit it to
Archiving:Backup/storeBackup and then to openSUSE:Factory?

Thank you,
Jan

[0]
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/home:jritzerfeld:branches:Archiving:Backup/storeBackup?opackage=storeBackup&oproject=Archiving%3ABackup&rev=2

Your change looks good, just go ahead and create submit request.

I might also consider:

1] edit files via sed instead of patching all the files manually
find . -type f -name '*.pl' -print0 | \
xargs -0 sed -i
'1s@#![[:blank:]]*/usr/bin/env[[:blank:]]\+\(perl.*\)@#!/usr/bin/\1@'

"for every *.pl file replace #!usr/bin/env <perl...> with #!/usr/bin/perl..."

this will work even when set of files will differ so you won't need to change
patch every time

2] don't worry to file submit request and ask there - maintainer can
say just "ok" and accept change in the first round

Thank you for your effort,

S_W