Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180309 released! - Note : changed kdm login theme
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 12:50:41 +0100
Am Montag, 12. März 2018, 10:05:31 schrieb Ianseeks:
This release changed the theme of my kdm login screen.
It looks like the login theme I was using has been removed.

Yes, the openSUSE kdm theme (package kdm-branding-openSUSE) has been removed
from branding-openSUSE:
Wed Mar 7 09:19:57 UTC 2018 - dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx

- Drop kde-branding-openSUSE: Only legacy KDE 4 files
* sysconfig.displaymanager-kdm
* kde-branding-openSUSE.spec
* kde-branding-openSUSE.changes

That change has been reverted though, so the theme probably will be back in
the next snapshot:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/openSUSE:Factory/branding-openSUSE?linkrev=base&rev=96

But that was for another reason ("Revert to old branding; the size exploded by
factor 10 for the new wallpapers"), so might not be permanent...

Unfortunately I
can't remember what it was called as I now can't find it in the "Get New
Themes" list to restore, it seems to only gives you complete desktop
themes to choose from (I'm using systemsettings / "kcmshell4 kdm" to do
this). Its been a while since i changed the login theme but I'm sure "Get
new themes" used to only showed themes for the login manager. Fortunately
there is one in the list the shows the user list at login, not the one i
like but it works.

I hope you are aware that kdm is dead since years.
That of course also affects KDE's online store...

And the openSUSE theme never was available there in the first place AFAIK.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang