Re: [opensuse-factory] /usr/include/rpc/types.h
On Tue, Mar 06, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

El 06-03-2018 a las 15:57, Thomas Zimmermann escribió:
Hi,
one of my packages fails to build for tumbleweed because it's missing the
header file /usr/include/rpc/types.h this was supposed to be shipped by
glibc-
devel but it seems it's no longer for tumbleweed. Searching the web doesn't
give me a hint what happend to it, if it was removed upstream or what else.
Can anyone give me a hint where it has moved, or if it was replaced by a
different header file?

it is dead ..went to header paradise ;) you need to buildrequire
libtirpc-devel and link against the tirpc library. Use pkgconfig --libs
libtirpc for that, do not roll your own checks.

BuildRequires: libtirpc-devel
should be enough, libtirpc installs now into the same directories as
glibc before to make it easier to switch from sunrpc to tirpc. And the
headers are meanwhile more or less compatible, there are only very few
definitions which are not 100% API compatible.

Thorsten