Re: [opensuse-factory] amd ryzen low load hard freeze kernel

Hi again,

i will write here if this fixes the issue.

That's OK. Good luck.

to inform you and still asking:

amdryzen 1700 (rma replacement)
asrock ab350m:

bios update to version 4.40 makes it "MORE" stable at low load, but still
random freezes at low load.
AND: after bios update new problem regarding high load:
(during running of modified "killryzen script" wich will write 4 coeres of the
compier result to
nvme-hard-drive:

kernel: pcieport 0000:00:03.1: AER: Multiple Corrected error received: id=0000
kernel: pcieport 0000:00:03.1: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data
Link Layer, id=0019(Transmitter ID)

changing GRUB_CMDLINE adding "pcie_aspm=off"
solves this.
(reporting this to asrock has gave me no reply)

===============

so still my question is open:

how is the opensuse tumbleweed kernel compiled?
fedora says:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/1690085/comments/69

it has to be compiled with
CONFIG_RCU_NOCB_CPU

if it is, it will accept (and use) the grub_cmdline
parameter:
rcu_nocbs=0-15

could anybody tell me if our kernel is compiled like this and will accept this
parameter?

thanks,

simoN