[opensuse-factory] Installation image bootability report
  • From: Philip Tait <philip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 17:41:29 -1000
First time I have not been able to boot openSUSE ISOs copied (using dd
of DVD ISO image) to a USB stick for a long time:

On a 2017 LG Gram 15 laptop, in the F10 boot menu:

1. Latest Leap: not recognised as a bootable device.

2. Latest Tumbleweed: recognised, but does not boot, immediately
re-displays boot menu.

3. Ubuntu 17.10 - no problem, even took care of disabling Secure Boot
quite smoothly.

4. Fedora 27 Workstation - booted and installed with no problem
(after the successful Ubuntu installation.)

Unfortunately there were no diagnostic messages or logs that I could
see, so not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Advice and suggestions are welcome.

Philip