Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 20180221: No more Multi_key in emacs_x11
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:53:12 +0100

I updated my desktop to this snapshot yesterday.

Now the key composing in emacs-x11 does not work anymore.

(I use "keysym Menu = Multi_key" in .Xmodmap so that I can, e.g., type
<Menu> " a to get an a-umlaut, รค).

The mechanism itself does still work in other applications (terminals, vivaldi
browser), and also when running "emacs -nw" in an xterm.

If I hit <Menu> in the X version of emacs, I immediately get a notification in
the info line "<Multi_key> is undefined".

Emacs itself has not been updated lately, so likely some linked library, but I
have no idea how to locate that.

My laptop is still running at 0219, and does not have this issue.