Re: [opensuse-factory] communication regarding the move to firewalld
31.01.2018 13:21, Peter Suetterlin пишет:

On quick look I couldn't find something similar for firewalld. Instead a lot
of
xml files :(( So I had a look at the conversion script,
susefirewall2-to-firewalld.

It suggested running it (dry-run), to see what happens. It claimed it would
only stop and restart SFW2. It did (of course) also stop fail2ban, but did
not
restart it afterwards...

I do not think it is something script does intentionally or that script
even knows about fail2ban service at all. fail2ban service is configured
to be PartOf SuSEfirewall2 service. So when script stopped SFW2 it
caused fail2ban to be also stopped. But PartOf only applies to stopping,
so starting SFW2 did not pull fail2ban.

Check what script does. May be it could use restart instead of
stop/start; restart should also restart all dependent units that are
PartOf unit being restarted.