Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: zypper hangs when done
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:12:06 +0100, Michael Andres <ma@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday 30 January 2018 11:32:03 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Tuesday 2018-01-30 09:55, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Jan 30 2018, "H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

This is probably part of the `zypper ps' functionality to find out about
deleted files still in use.

And if that happens to run into dead NFS/sshfs/etc. mounts?

You can disable these automated ps-calls in /etc/zypp/zypper.conf
[commit]

## Post commit check for processes/services using old/deleted files
##
## Like 'zypper ps', the post commit check for processes/services using
## old/deleted files calls 'lsof'. On some systems 'lsof' seems to perform
## very slow, and the check takes up to several minutes. Due to this it's
## possible to disable the automatic check after each commit. Explicit calls
## to 'zypper ps' are not affected by this option.
##
## Valid values: boolean
## Default value: yes
##
psCheckAccessDeleted = no

Good to know, but I value that feedback (and take action when I get it)

Maybe it should restrict to files that it knows about and on local
filesystems only.

--
H.Merijn Brand http://tux.nl Perl Monger http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.27 porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE