Re: [opensuse-factory] TW: Sound issues (or rather plasma panel?)
Daniele wrote:
Il 29/01/2018 11:14, Bruno Friedmann ha scritto:
On dimanche, 28 janvier 2018 19.43:06 h CET Peter Suetterlin wrote:

Just noticed (for the second time) that my plasma panel showed the volume
muted, looking at the config it claimed 'no devices available'

So something's broken - but what? Is it the panel, pulseaudio, rtkit, the
communication bus?

(This is latest TW, i.e., 20180126)
Same experience here, on my laptop sometimes everything is fine after boot
sometimes not ...

Same here on 2 PCS, always wroks at first login but logout->login = no audio
But barely I do this so I didn't try to understand the cause..

As I understand it, the issue is that the pulseaudio process is not terminated
on logout, but the login process starts a new one and wants to connect to that
PID. But as it is already running (with another PID) the new one terminates and
plasma is without connection....

So far I could not reproduce the problem to check (which, except for debugging,
is of course a good thing....)