Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: btrfs /var changes
Il 29/01/2018 19:28, Cris70 ha scritto:
Hi all!

Bruno Friedmann-2 wrote
(...)
I would also like to add that snapshot 0117 introduced the new btrfs
default subvolume layout
(...)
Richard, is there a documented manual way (wiki, github, ml), for those
who
will not do a reinstall, but would like to move to the new layout ?
(...)

I am one of those having the old layout, with multiple subvolumes under /var
*and* with no "@" volume.

My question is: if I want to reinstall to get the new btrfs layout (given
I've not seen a thorough answer to the how-to guide query by Bruno), what
would be the best way to avoid re-doing a lot of work?
What should I back up from the old boot partition (I guess /etc, something
more?)?
Is there a way to save a list of all the installed packages (those that are
not part of a standard installation) and safely re-apply it once
reinstalled?
Other considerations that come to mind?

It depends, usually /etc is enough.
You can save a list of installed packages with
# rpm -qa | sort > rpmlist.txt

Daniele.