Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!
  • From: Stasiek <LetCP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 09:56:51 -0500
Not really this update, but I don't have the older announcement around anymore
and this one does quite some branding updates, too:
The plasma-splash changed from the (beautiful) glowing geeko-bulb to a coarse
crayon drawing :( Is that going to be the new official one, and/or can I
the old bulb back?

the "old bulb" was much better looking imo also. I would like it back.

I agree and disagree with you on that (being original creator of the new
bulb). Green glow is not something I spearheaded, and I don't entirely
agree with that (in fact I think I was ignored when making comments about
not liking how bulb was treated). However, you instantly recognized it to
be lightbulb and I am more than happy to hear that, that was the point,
simple representation of lightbulb, you just missed medium, it's not
crayons, but neon lights (and I'm well aware that the way it's
represented on KDE splash doesn't really look like it, because of some
edits done to it, not by me :/).

Bringing it back is not hard as well, contribute to OBS package, somebody
will decide if that's the way forwards or backwards ;)

​LCP [Stasiek]

PS. Thanks to Martin for making me laugh :D