Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!
* Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-29-18 09:11]:
On 29 January 2018 at 15:05, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-29-18 07:14]:

Not really this update, but I don't have the older announcement around
and this one does quite some branding updates, too:

The plasma-splash changed from the (beautiful) glowing geeko-bulb to a
crayon drawing :( Is that going to be the new official one, and/or can I
the old bulb back?

the "old bulb" was much better looking imo also. I would like it back.

the preferred image is here

it goes in:

and apparently needs to be converted to "bulb.svg", also available here

note: not tried yet and bulb.svg may need to be gzip compressed to bulb.svgz

The old bulb is set to be retired with all of the other Leap 42.* branding

I'm sure our artistic contributors are happy to have your feedback,
but in the same way that "please revert everything you did, I just
want the old version" is insulting to a package maintainer, I remind
you that it's no different in this case

So please respect the work that has been done to give Leap 15 &
Tumbleweed a new lick of paint, and redirect your suggestions in a
productive & progressive direction, not a regressive one.

you will notice the statement was qualified, "imo". and my preferences
are just that, my preferences.

in no way was my comment "insulting" or intended to be.

and perhaps you haven't completely mollified your "attack dog" attitude.
Please consider working on that.

(paka)Patrick Shanahan Plainfield, Indiana, USA @ptilopteri openSUSE Community Member facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535 @
Photos: paka @ IRCnet freenode