Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!
* Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-29-18 07:14]:

Not really this update, but I don't have the older announcement around anymore
and this one does quite some branding updates, too:

The plasma-splash changed from the (beautiful) glowing geeko-bulb to a coarse
crayon drawing :( Is that going to be the new official one, and/or can I get
the old bulb back?

the "old bulb" was much better looking imo also. I would like it back.

fwiw:
the preferred image is here
http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~paka/bulb.png

it goes in:
/usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/splash/images

and apparently needs to be converted to "bulb.svg", also available here
http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~paka/bulb.svg

note: not tried yet and bulb.svg may need to be gzip compressed to bulb.svgz