Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: btrfs /var changes
  • From: John Janus <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:57:41 +0100
I filed a bug yesterday concerning the Tumbleweed Installer.
I experienced the same problem with no @ subvolume and various subvolumes
under /var.
For me it depended upon the choice whether to work with the suggestion made by
the installer or the actual partition layout.
I normally choose to define my own layout, as I have a seperate /home
partition I keep between installs. When trying that, however, I noticed that
the installer would use the old subvolume structure (multiple subvolumes under
/var, no @).
When using the suggestion and changing that to my needs by removing all
unnecessary partitions, i got the “correct” structure.
I had to manually delete my root btrfs via the rescuesystem for this to work,
however.