Re: [opensuse-factory] [Tumbleweed] ucode-intel
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 07:13:50PM +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:

Should there be a new package, perhaps in Updates, that rolls back the
microcode to a level that Intel currently supports? My Haswell just
hung on boot (after running with no problems for a few days) and I had
to boot with "nopti disable_ucode_ldr" added to the kernel command line.
However, that got me back to microcode level 0x20 (the botched Intel
blob is 0x23 and I have been on 0x22 before).

Yes. I just submitted a revert.

Ciao, Marcus