[opensuse-factory] [Tumbleweed] ucode-intel
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 19:13:50 +0100

Should there be a new package, perhaps in Updates, that rolls back the
microcode to a level that Intel currently supports? My Haswell just
hung on boot (after running with no problems for a few days) and I had
to boot with "nopti disable_ucode_ldr" added to the kernel command line.
However, that got me back to microcode level 0x20 (the botched Intel
blob is 0x23 and I have been on 0x22 before).

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: